Don't you just hate it when things don't work out as planned. Plans always seem so shiny perfect and hopeful. However, reality just punches a tiny hold into that bubble of paradise, deflating it.
I was supposed to take two freshmen level courses at Carnegie Mellon, get two A's and two letters of recommendation.
However, not only did I not get an A, my professors do not even know my name.
And for Spaceset...
We were one the best teams. However, the damned Romanian team with their lack of creativity and arrogance, wrecked any chance of us winning. There goes my fantasy of winning first place internationally.
When I got back to Pittsburgh from Houston, I had an Electrical and Computer Engineering Exam worth 20% of my grade as well as a 3 hour homework assignment (geez what fun). To make things worse I was supposed to program Tetris even though I missed 2 recitations and 1 lecture. Yes, Tetris is a simple game, but it takes most people at least 15 hours to finish.
Amazingly by Friday, I was caught up on homework at the expense of a lot of sleep (woot! 16 hours of sleep in 7 days).
By Monday,things almost started looking up. I was going to drop a homework I wasn't going to do so I could finally catch up on my term project. But Fate has to screw me over again. The professor was going to let everyone drop their lowest homework. The only problem is that he just assigned another homework that was the same one I planned to drop (thus didn't do) plus a quiz and the "optional" bonus on the quiz. WAY TO SCREW ME OVER PROFESSOR K*****. THANKS A BILLION!
This summer sure was fun.
0 comments:
Post a Comment