RSS Feed

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It all comes to an end

It's been 4 years since I walked into the halls of Whitney High School and 5 years since I was in my room writing an essay a day, stressing about having the good enough essay score and CAT 6 score to be accepted into Whitney.
For some reason, this year feels like the culmination of all the years before it: those first years in America, struggling to learn English, those first years in elementary school when I had so many tantrums, and those first years on a high school campus.
I still remember asking my parents what the phrase "let's go" meant. I still remember my first English essay and how I experimented once by replacing all commas with and's (that essay had a lot of red marks). I still remember my first crush and how I was too scared to ask that person out (I won't tell you who). And, I still remember my first rejection (though sadly not last) and the sense of depression that came with it.
However, all that is over now, and there is only tomorrow. Perhaps in 5 years as I am about to finish my first four years of college, I will come to remember my junior year as the year that made my future bright. Or perhaps the year I regret the most...

0 comments: